I am a purpose driven individual, focused on serving people by meeting their needs and supporting their growth. In the short term, this is to solve problems and provide understanding with patience and kindness. In the long term, I contribute to the sustenance and development of systems that enable people to learn and improve independently.
Developer / operations role to manage enterprise systems for customers.
- Development of software deployment automation tooling — AWS, C#, ruby
- Troubleshooting and resolution of production system issues — MySQL
- Mentoring peers in software best practices.
Passion project to develop a game using Rust that is simple for youths to configure to spark their interest in digital skills.
- Development of a 2.5D game for major OSes and the web through WASM.
- Designing text-based configuration to be intuitive for unfamiliar users.
- Design and implementation of a test framework for the Amethyst game engine.
- Management of a project to add WASM support to the Amethyst game engine.
I also actively participate in the local Rust meetup by giving talks on different programming paradigms at beginner and intermediate levels.
Infrastructure and process automation, workflow optimization.
- Access management automation — LDAP, AWS IAM, Lambda.
- Network and infrastructure provisioning — Capistrano, AWS CFN, VPC.
- Support contact for European offices.
Deployment automation and configuration management.
- Adapting web applications to be suited for automation.
- Server provisioning automation — OpenStack, AWS EC2.
- Orchestrating software installation and configuration — Puppet, REST.
- Support and training for internal staff to use automated tooling.
Server side web application development.
- Business logic development and testing — Java, JUnit.
- Database schema definition — Oracle, MS SQL.
- Runtime dependency management — Equinox, OSGi.