I am a purpose driven individual, focused on serving people by meeting their needs and supporting their growth. In the short term, this is to solve problems and provide understanding with patience and kindness. In the long term, I contribute to the sustenance and development of systems that enable people to learn and improve independently.
Framework to create user friendly software automation.
- Designed to address frustration of automation maintainers, SREs, customer support staff.
- Empathetic by presenting relevant information understandably.
- Shapes automation to be forgiving of erroneous input of both action and data.
- Guides development correctness with compile time guarantees.
Engineering role spanning product and infrastructure design, implementation, and management.
- Architecture and implementation of managed infrastructure — AWS CFN, Java, internal tooling
- Troubleshoot and resolve production system issues — AWS, Java, Linux system admin
- Software design and development of clinician and patient facing web application — AWS, Java
- Communicate across teams to resolve issues and deliver value collaboratively.
- Teach design principles to improve understandability and reduce total cost of ownership.
Developer / operations role to manage enterprise systems for customers.
- Design and develop robust improvements to software deployment automation tooling — AWS CFN, C#, ruby
- Optimize manual processes through tactical automation — Rust, Nushell
- Troubleshoot and resolve production system issues — MySQL
- Analyze incident root causes and provide software support to prevent reoccurrences
- Mentor peers in software best practices.
Passion project to develop a game using Rust that is simple for youths to configure to spark their interest in digital skills.
- Development of a 2.5D game for major OSes and the web through WASM.
- Design text-based configuration to be intuitive.
- Design and implementation of a test framework for the Amethyst game engine.
- Management of a project to add WASM support to the Amethyst game engine.
I actively participated in the local Rust meetup by presenting talks on different software principles at beginner and intermediate levels.
Infrastructure and process automation, workflow optimization.
- Access management automation — LDAP, AWS IAM, Lambda.
- Network and infrastructure provisioning — Capistrano, AWS CFN, VPC.
- Support contact for European offices.
Deployment automation and configuration management.
- Adapt web applications to be suited for automation.
- Server provisioning automation — OpenStack, AWS EC2.
- Orchestrat software installation and configuration — Puppet, REST.
- Support and training for internal staff to use automated tooling.
Server side web application development.
- Business logic development and testing — Java, JUnit.
- Database schema definition — Oracle, MS SQL.
- Runtime dependency management — Equinox, OSGi.