In this book, a dimension is defined as a particular nature of something. Dimensions may be independent, and may be measurable. Some dimensions may be derived from and may be influenced by others.
For example, an object's dimensions are:
We will look at the following software dimensions, and show how
choochoo supports building software with higher maturity levels of user friendliness.
- Path Handling: How exhaustive code path coverage is, and how each path is handled.
- State Visibility: What state is it in now, progress tracking.
- Understandability: Presentation / verbosity.
- Recoverability / Repeatability: Can execution resume from halfway.
- Performance / Efficiency: How well is execution scheduled, time spent, and resources used.
- Psychology: Did the user request what they intended?